If you’ve just received a brand-new piece of furniture and are surprised to find that certain areas of your unit are not finished to the same high standard as the rest of the piece, please take note of our policies below.
- The backs of all units are stained but not top-coated.
- The undersides of all units are unfinished/partially finished, except tables which are sealed underneath to prevent the top from bowing.
- The underneath of chairs are unfinished.
- On stained bedroom units, the insides of the drawers are stained but not top coated.
- On painted bedroom unit drawers, the outsides of the drawers are painted but the inside of the drawers are left raw.
- The insides of units behind drawers are unfinished.
- The tops of bookcases, display cabinets and hutches/wall units over 1.8m tall are unfinished.
- The mountboard on headboards is only stained, not top coated.
- The insides of side rails are not finished to the same standard as the outsides.
- Un-sanded and unfilled holes may be present in the areas that can’t be seen.
- Standard grade timber is used for our bed slats which may contain knots and natural defects, this shouldn’t affect the strength of the bed.
We do ensure that parts left unfinished or finished to a lower standard, are only areas that cannot ordinarily be seen, and this allows us to reduce costs and provide you with the most competitive pricing for your furniture.
Should you desire that any of these areas on your unit are finished to the same high standard as the rest of the piece, this can be done on request however it will incur extra charge.